Counseling & Guidance
YHS Graduation Requirements
- If graduating at YHS, students will need to complete all grad requirements and minimum 10 credits in CTE coursework. We encourage and do enroll students in more!
- Cleared obligations & 90% attendance
English - 40 Credits
- Includes: 10 credits for English 1, English II, English III, & CSU Expository.
Mathematics - 20 Credits
- Must Include: One year of Integrated Math
Physical Education - 20 Credits
Fine Art, World Languages, or CTE - 10 Credits
History / Social Studies - 40 Credits
- Includes: Freshman Seminar, health, World History, US History, Economics & Government.
Science - 20 credits
- Includes: 10 credits of Physical Science & 10 credit of Life Science
Career & Technical Education - CTE 10 Credits
Electives - 50 Credits
Credits & Counseling
- YHS is on quarter system so credits are issued four times per year: October, December, March, & June
- 91 credits possible per year
- Average credits earned is ~70 credits per year overall *see section/notes below
- Every 3 weeks progress report. (Se below the YHS Grade Reporting Periods)
- Students transferring @ quarters: partial credits will be posted for passing grades
- Additional credit recovery options: Assets Credit Recovery; MAS: 10 credits per semester