Merced County Sheriff's Department Essay Contest
- Essay Prompt: "How can I personally have a positive influence in the community?"
- Essay Length: 1-2 pages, typed and shared electronically at this LINK
- Deadline is May 15th
- The winning student will take a tour and ride in the helicopter on May 18th.
- Contact Dave Wells (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
Youth 2 Youth Planning Committee:
- The Y2Y Conference is an opportunity for high school students to mentor middle school students and is held in the Spring at a local high school. Last year's site was El Capitan High School. The purpose of the conference is for middle school youth to hear the important messages of making good choices, saying no to drugs/alcohol/bullying, staying in school, and being healthy teens.
- You can get involved by being a mentor (applications available in February 2018) or by serving on the Planning Committee.
- The first Planning Committee Meeting will be December 1, 2017 from 3:30pm to 5:00pm. The meetings will be held at 3305 G Street, Merced Ca 95340 (in the El Portal Plaza across from La Hacienda 2). The group meets every Friday that is not a county holiday. Students can follow the group on facebook at "Merced County Youth to Youth." Updates are posted on the Facebook site.